||Sri Ramakrishna Sharanam||
|Bhagawan Sri Krishna|
It in a sense it gives us a chance to understand Krishna of the Gita and Krishna of the Bhagavatam. Like in life we often hear people speak of how one plays different roles in life, like father, friend, son, teacher etc we have an opportunity to analyse in this week Krishna as the Jagat Guru (world teacher)
The great sage Veda Vyasas shines as an author beyond comparison as he dishes out to the readers the most youthful and serious personalities of the Lord with immaculate skill through the Bhagavatam and Gita.
If I had to sample the entire world without discrimination I would return with knowledge that every person in his/her life would have suffered from heartache, mental confusion, depression, despondencies which would have resulted in terrible and major setbacks in one’s life.
We are so careful and weary of physical ailments but totally neglect mental and emotions of the heart. Medical professionals will tell you that many of the physiological ailments are a direct result of psychological events.
When we are born our parents do their duty by immunising us against physiological diseases but fail to immunise us against the greatest threats to our lives being a weak mind and heart.
That is what world physician Shree Krishna came to dispense, the immunisation against weakness and all that saps the inspiration, energy and joy from your life.
We see a complete change of disposition from prankster Krishna to Teacher when he assumes charge of the crisis Arjuna created for himself.
The manner in which the Gita is packaged brings forth just the pure spoken intense knowledge of the Vedanta devoid of the flowery poetry. We find many opt for the light easy reading of the Bhagavatam.
But in essence Shree Krsna declares that the cause of the despondency, weakness and pain in this world can be attributed to attachment, desire and expectation. Take a while and reflect upon this and see if it is not true. Everything in life is by the will of God alone. There is nothing that you and I can do to change that. Sri Ramakrishna explained in the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna a story how a man went through many hardships but felt no pain because at every step of his life he repeated by the will of Rama. (meaning all by his divine grace alone)
On Thursday last week I had the blessed opportunity to have a discussion with revered Swami Vimokshanandaji Maharaj over a lovely cup of tea. In our discussion Maharaj disclosed that in his Gita classes he has completed chapter 5 after 5 years of discourses.
Therefore it will be an injustice to this glorious work of Sage Veda Vyasa to say that I can give you the explanation of this eternal wisdom in a single blog. What I will attempt however is to give you the essence of the lords philosophy in mitigating the pains, weakness and despondencies that subdue and attenuate our intrinsic blissful nature.
- Why do you worry without cause? Whom do you fear without reason? Who can kill you? The soul is neither born, nor does it die.
- Whatever happened, happened for the good; whatever is happening, is happening for the good; whatever will happen, will also happen for the good only. You need not have any regrets for the past. You need not worry for the future. The present is happening...
- What did you lose that you cry about? What did you bring with you, which you think you have lost? What did you produce, which you think got destroyed? You did not bring anything - whatever you have, you received from here. Whatever you have given, you have given only here. Whatever you took, you took from God. Whatever you gave, you gave to him. You came empty handed, you will leave empty handed. What is yours today, belonged to someone else yesterday, and will belong to someone else the day after tomorrow. You are mistakenly enjoying the thought that this is yours. It is this false happiness that is the cause of your sorrows.
- This body is not yours, neither are you of the body. The body is made of fire, water, air, earth and ether, and will disappear into these elements. But the soul is permanent - so who are you?
- Dedicate your being to God. He is the one to be ultimately relied upon. Those who know of his support are forever free from fear, worry and sorrow.
- Whatever you do, do it as a dedication to God. This will bring you the tremendous experience of joy and life-freedom forever.(this synopsis was taken from the net)
|Lord giving Arjuna Instructions|
I pray through this small presentation I have wet your appetite to take up the reading of these beautiful works of Vedanta that help us migrate from this bonded life to that of an eternal state of freedom and bliss(ananda)
Aum Namo Bhagavadev Vasudevaya